We are seeking a driven Registered Children's Home Manager in the Chard area of Somerset, close to the Devon border. This job is commutable from the surrounding areas, such as Trull (5mins), Wellington (15mins), Wiveliscombe (20mins) and Bridgwater (25mins), Taunton (25mins) and Ilminster (30mins). There's a variety of transport links, such as the M5, A38, and A361, and roads beside the River Tone. It is essential that you have a full UK Driving license for this position.
An Outstanding Children's Home Provider
We are recruiting on behalf of a smaller sized organisation who have several outstanding services. They have spent years dedicating services to children, encouraging a supportive and safe environment - helping them to reach their goals and aspirations. Their CEO has over 30-years’ experience in working with this age group. They believe that every child is worth fighting for. Their residential homes create a place where all children, often for the first time, feel like they belong, learning life skills that will set them up for a positive future.
Managing a Dedicated Team
Your job will involve working alongside 2 experienced team leads and a proactive and dedicated support team. Your team have a positive attitude, with characterful personalities, allowing for a more enjoyable and manageable working environment. You will be overseeing a small 5 bed home for children aged 8-18 who have suffered significant trauma/ abuse and have a variety of emotional and behavioural needs/ learning needs.
As our client are considered an Outstanding provider, it is imperative that you will work hard to maintain these successes, always striving to achieve Oustanding Ofsted reports. As their Children's Home Manager, you will believe strongly in the home's ethos, always acting as a dedicated advocate for the service, its standards, but most importantly, the children and staff within the home.
Salary & Requirements
- £30,000 to £38,000 per annum DOE;
- You must have experience working in either a Managerial role, or as a Deputy Manager working within a residential care home (children) for at least 5 years, ready for the next step;
- Currently holding, or obtaining (during employment) a Level 5 in Leadership and Management is advantageous;
- Experience of working to achieve excellent Ofsted ratings is required;
- It is essential that you hold at least a Level 3 in Children & Young Persons Workforce, or Residential Childcare;
- Ideally, you must have an excellent knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework.
If you are interested in finding a new, exciting managerial job, or are fully equipped to take on a the next step in your career - then we'd love to hear from you. Make sure you click apply, so our team at Health & Social Care Jobs can guide you through the application process and answer any questions you might have.