Full-Time, Permanent, Job Vacancy, Rehabilitation Care Assistant, Preston, Lancashire – Car Drivers Essential.
As a Rehabilitation Care Assistant, you will be supporting a 19-year-old gentleman who suffers with the effects of an acquired brain injury. You will be welcomed into his family home to assist with all aspects of his daily life, such as:
- Helping him to maintain personal self-esteem and dignity.
- Implementing therapy exercises.
- Providing personal care.
- Promoting strong relationships with his siblings and other family members.
His brain injury means he has cognitive and communication impairments, with some challenging behaviours. Keen to remain positive, he attends a range of social and recreational activities within the community and specialist education.
If you are an organised, tenacious individual who can remain calm under pressure, we would love to talk to you. You will need to be confident in your abilities, be intelligent, work with initiative but not afraid to ask for help! Experience supporting clients with complex needs, brain injuries and challenging behaviours is essential. You will have the ability to absorb complex information and training for this role.
- £13.00 per hour weekdays.
- £14.50 per hour weekends.
- £8.91 per hour sleeping rate.
- Monday to Friday term time, 7am-9:30am & 3:45pm-9pm.
- Weekends & School Holidays, 7am-9pm.
- Flexibility required for nights, family holidays and breaks away.
- Availability to increase working hours during non-term time.
If you believe you would be an outstanding Rehabilitation Care Assistant for this young gentleman, please click apply! Don’t worry if you have questions, we will reach out to you directly to discuss the role further.