Female Rehabilitation Support Worker, jobs, Liverpool – Car Driver Essential
Thank you for viewing our job vacancy. We are looking for Female Rehabilitation Support Workers to work on a one-to-one basis with a lady living in her own home, who has a Brain Injury in the Liverpool area of Merseyside.
Your Job Role
Your role will be to promote and maintain an independent lifestyle to this lady. As her Support Worker you are also her Rehabilitation Assistant, companion, and advocate. You will have a key role in making her daily routine as stimulating as possible. This lady is in her 40’s and she has a variety of interests from watching films, theatre, making Bread, drawing/colouring and trampolining. She can, with support, do most things for herself, however she can display some challenging behaviour. Your role will also include:
- Assisting the client to plan a varied routine.
- Working closely with the team to provide the highest standards of care.
- Work to guidelines to provide a consistent & professional approach to support.
- Ensure personal hygiene and appearance is always maintained.
- Enable her to participate in recreation & leisure activities.
- To be an advocate and always take care of her welfare.
- To attend hospital appointments, travel to social activities and attend review meetings.
- A fantastic salary of £12.00 per hour and will be subject to review after 6 months.
- 1 x 30 Hour per week job vacancy & 1 x 24 Hours per week.
- Working 9.30 am – 8.30pm.
- Shifts will include weekdays, weekends & bank Holidays.
- Fantastic Training around Brain Injuries.
- Working with alongside the MDT Team gaining fantastic knowledge & skills.
- Ongoing support from the MDT Team and Neuropsychologist.
Experience of working with an Acquired Brain Injury, Learning Disabilities and particularly challenging Behaviour is essential. If you are fun, vibrant, with a fantastic personality and you would make a fantastic Support Worker to this lady we would love to hear from you.
*We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a female.