Rehabilitation Support Worker, Wakefield
£11.50 + £64.80 sleep in shifts
We are looking for a spirited Rehabilitation Support Worker who is living close to the Lofthouse area of Wakefield in West Yorkshire. You would be working for a gentleman with a brain injury who lives in his own adapted property which is a wonderful home! This is a full-time position working across a two-week rota (so can be pretty flexible) delivering exceptional care and improving the quality of this gentleman’s life.
This will be more than just a job!
This is an amazing role where you will make a positive difference in the daily care that you will provide. You will be working amongst a friendly team of 7 who have supported this client for over 6 years.
As a Rehabilitation Support Worker, you will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who will help with daily living tasks, personal care, accessing the community, form positive relationships and continue helping him to do the things he loves and enjoys. This could be going to the beach, fishing, days out having lots of fun and making memories.
You will be required to give the gentleman 1-1 support, to provide all elements of personal care, assistance with communication, support and encouragement, working alongside speech and language and physiotherapists to aid this gentleman’s life to the best it can be.
You will be required to accompany the client on community activities and medical appointments, also on small holidays and weekends away.
Benefits & Hours
- £11.50 per hour (days and weekends) with £64.80 per sleep in;
- £20 per hour for Bank Holiday work;
- Week 1 – 38.5 hours + 1 sleep in;
- Week 2 – 40 hours + 1 sleep in;
- Overtime may be offered but not guaranteed.
- If you are unavailable for Full time we also have a bank position available also.
Experience & qualifications
- It is desirable you have a Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care;
- It is essential you are a car driver;
- It is essential you have experience in Complex care in the home/ Brain Injuries/ physical disabilities;
If you are excited by this amazing role to help make a difference to someone’s life, then we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.