Rehabilitation Support Worker, Warrington
We are looking for dedicated and caring Rehabilitation Support Workers living close to the Warrington area of Cheshire. You will be supporting a young boy in his own home living with cerebral palsy.
If you are passionate about care, you believe everyone should have opportunities in life, no matter what the barriers, then this could be the rewarding career you are looking for.
A rewarding role like no other
You could be joining an extra special case management company who provide rehabilitation and long-term support for people living with brain and spinal injuries for over 20 years. The directors are innovators in the sector, seeing that people with brain injuries would prefer to be treated in their own homes with their families around them. They have a fantastic reputation and they pride themselves on ensuring that they recruit specifically to suit the needs of the young boy they support and making a positive difference in his life.
As his Support Worker, you will support the young boy with his complex needs within the family home. You will help provide a structured routine for him and maintain a therapeutic relationship with him and his family. You will play a key part in his daily life, implementing therapy treatment programs, providing personal care, collecting him from school and helping him achieve targeted goals.
Pay rates, hours available and benefits
- £10.50 per hour increasing to £11.50 after successful probation;
- 3 positions available, 24 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8am – 10am (school term-time only);
- 2 x 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 7:30pm (school term-time only);
- Some flexibility required during school holidays as hours may change to 9am – 5pm;
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year.
What experience & qualifications are required?
- It is preferred that you have experience in working with children with disabilities/brain injuries in a community or residential setting;
- You will have an understanding of responsibilities under Safeguarding Children;
- Holding an NVQ Level 2 in Care is desired but not essential;
- It is essential that you hold a full, clean driving licence.
Above all, you will be an enthusiastic, caring individual who is eager to learn and is looking for a truly rewarding role where you can make a positive impact in person’s life.
So, if you are excited by this fantastic job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.