Residential Health Care Assistant, Holme Lacy
£8.35 – £8.85 per hour per hour
Daytime & Night-time hours available
We are looking for Residential Health Care Assistants to join our dedicated team at our caring friendly residential home in the Home Lacy, Hereford area.
We took over our residential home in 2003 and we have invested in expanding the original building and landscaping our gardens to make it as comfortable as possible for our residents to feel like they are at home. Our management have an “open door” policy and welcome their carers to get involved with the decision making.
We pride ourselves on our homely caring environment and the support we provide for vulnerable older people and those with reduced mobility. We have a positive approach to providing care to help our residents to relax and feel comfortable. We understand that every day is precious for our residents and we do our best to help them live life to the full.
Due to the location of our residential care home we would prefer you to have a full driving licence and access to care. However, if you have someone you can rely on to transport, we will still consider your application.
The owners and management are passionate, driven and share a love for what they do which is reflected in the way we support our residents and staff.
Benefits and hours
- Day shifts are 7.30 am – 1.30 pm and 1.30 pm-7.30pm (if you prefer more hours you can work two shifts together to make a long day);
- Night shifts are 7.30 pm – 7.30 am;
- Staff development programme;
- Fantastic career progression opportunities.
Could you be one of our Care Assistants?
- Experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Are you a warm, friendly, social, patient individual who genuinely like to help others?
- Are you willing to attend training and have ambition to progress your career?
What we expect of our team members;
- Support residents to get up in the morning, get washed & dressed and help with personal care such as bathing and incontinence when required;
- Help residents to make their own beds;
- Help serve residents their breakfasts, lunches, dinner and drinks/snacks;
- Engage with residents and support them with the various challenges they may face throughout the day or night;
- Take part in daily activities / exercise / entertainment;
- Support residents to relax at the end of the day and assist them to bed.
This is more than just a job, it’s an amazing and rewarding thing to do for others. If you are excited by this great opportunity to become a Residential Health Care Assistant, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”