We are looking for enthusiastic Children’s Residential Support Workers living close to the Skipton area of North Yorkshire. You could be joining a special organisation who provide residential care for young people aged between 10 – 18 living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
Would you like a rewarding career where you can help change the life of a young person? Could you help a young person have a positive future no matter what the barrier? Yes, then we could have what you are looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a truly special service. They ensure that all the children they support have the same opportunities as other children and they provide positive experiences and a creative curriculum so that every child can be the best they can be and achieve all their dreams. There are endless opportunities in this role too, each of the managers has progressed to senior roles through the company, so with hard work and dedication you could follow in their footsteps.
As their Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the children. You will be helping them with daily living tasks and encouraging them to learn so they can have the most positive future possible. You will help them become independent young adults and continue to do all the fun things they love the most, from trampolining to adventures in the picturesque grounds building dens, and just enjoying life like all children should.
Benefits & Hours
- £23,637 - £24,637 per annum DOE;
- £78.30 per sleep-in (included in salary);
- Full-time hours;
- Mix of shifts - 0845-2230, 0845-1430, 1430-2230 & sleep ins;
- Brilliant training package;
- Training and support towards further qualifications, so this could be the first step towards the rewarding career you are looking for.
What qualifications & experience are required to be a Support Worker?
- You will ideally hold Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People Workforce – or be willing to work towards it and complete it within 2 years of starting employment;
- You will ideally have worked within a similar setting, in education or a care role;
- You will be flexible to work on a variety of shifts including weekends on a rota basis;
- It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This role is commutable from Skipton (25 miles), Lancaster (18 miles), Kendal (20miles) and surrounding areas.