Residential Support Worker, Chard, Somerset
Full & part time hours available including Sleep-Ins
We are looking for Residential Support Workers to join our dedicated team near Chard & Axminister, commutable from Taunton, Honiton, Crewkerne, Yeovil, Seaton surrounding areas.
Experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided. However, it is a legal requirement to be over 21 years old. You must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
You will also be taking part in various activities such as cycling, swimming and walking.
Our family run company was established by a group of people with a wide variety of skills, knowledge and experience in working with vulnerable and complex children & young people with challenging behaviour, emotional, social and learning difficulties. We provide an environment where consistency and stability enable each young person to have the opportunity to receive a quality education and to remain a child whilst preparing for adulthood. We also aim to help every young person, acquire the life and social skills to move towards a more independent and positive future, in which they can function successfully within society.
Benefits & Hours;
- Full time hours are 10 shifts per month, including 9 sleep-ins (£21,633.60 - £23,650.40) per annum;
- Part time hours are 10 x 15 - 15.5 hours shifts a month (£14,832 - £16,363.50) per annum;
- Flexible Relief Worker £9.50 per hour; Sleep- Ins, £70.00 per night. When required.
- Use of company car during your shift;
- Paid breaks and food allowance whilst on shift;
- Paid DBS and training.
Permanent position for relief worker can be provided for 30 - 38 hour per week contract. Due to nature of long shifts weekly hours would be averaged out over the month. You will be required to work across sites or teams, providing cover for staff holidays or shortages. Rotas are written for a month at a time in which there will be guaranteed one in three weekends (Saturday and Sunday) off.
This is more than just a job, it’s an amazing and rewarding thing to do for others. If you are excited by this great opportunity to become a Residential Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”
We are committed to safeguarding all young people placed with us and therefore all applicants will be required to have fully enhanced DBS checks and several references will be sought.
* We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a Support Worker over the age of 21 years old.