Residential Support Worker, Ravenstonedale
£16,794 - £19,313 plus sleeps (£63 per Sleep-In)
We are looking for an extra special person to be a Residential Support Worker close to the Kirkby Stephen area of Cumbria, commutable distance from Ravenstonedale. We have an exciting opportunity to join a Residential Children’s Home for young people aged 8 -17, looking after young people in a long-term care setting through to crisis intervention service.
Our client is a unique service built on wonderful values believing that every child deserves the highest quality care. Taking advantage of their ideal location, their ethos is to use the outdoors as a key element in supporting the young people through their journey. They seek to create an environment where they can build appropriate, trusting relationships with adults, learn life skills for a more positive future, and most importantly, be children.
As their Residential Support Worker, you will be working alongside team members to provide a high standard of care to vulnerable children. You will encourage the young people to participate in outdoor activities. You will also be alert to the signs of distress or abuse and ensure the young people are monitored and protected. You will motivate the young people to take an active part in decision making and to be involved in the design and delivery of the care they receive.
Benefits and hours
- Start 1st day of your shift between 9am-10am (depending on service), then sleep-in overnight, work the second day, sleep-in and handover to colleagues the next day by 10am, then 4 days off;
- All meals provided whilst on shift;
- Above and Beyond Recognition Scheme;
- Medical Benefit Scheme;
- Full funded training for your CPD;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Access to employee engagement events.
What experience and qualifications are required?
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young People’s workforce, or equivalent; desired but not mandatory as fully funded support will be provided to ensure you achieve this qualification within 2 years of employment, in line with regulatory requirements;
- It is essential that you are flexible to work shifts including weekends, evening and sleep-ins;
- Excellent knowledge of national care and quality standards;
- Full manual driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, and you are passionate about making a difference in a child’s life, then we would love to hear from you.