We are looking for dedicated Childrens Residential Support Workers / Practitioners living close to the Burnley area of Lancashire. This role is approximately a 16-minute commute from Burnley and is accessible via the M65 and A682 transport links.
Who will you be joining?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a special organisation who provide residential care for children aged between 8 – 18 living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). They ensure that all the children they support have the same opportunities as other children and they provide positive experiences and a creative curriculum so that every child can be the best they can be and achieve all their dreams. There are endless opportunities in this role too, each of the managers has progressed to senior roles through the company, so with hard work and dedication you could follow in their footsteps.
Benefits & Hours
- £23,568 - £23,983 per annum DOE.
- £78.30 per sleep-in, average 6 sleeps per month (included in salary).
- Full-time hours, 42 hour per week contract. Shift work.
- 2-week rolling rota including sleep ins, every other weekend off.
- Brilliant training package - 2 weeks paid induction programme.
- Free DBS, free parking, free meals on shift, pension scheme and more.
- £250 referral scheme.
- Training and support towards further qualifications, so this could be the first step towards the rewarding career you are looking for.
As their Support Worker, you will be part of a friendly and welcoming team and play a pivotal role in supporting the children 1 to 1. You will be helping them with daily living tasks and encouraging them to learn so they can have the most positive future possible. You will help them become independent young adults and continue to do all the fun things they love the most, from trampolining to going to the cinema or escape rooms, playing football and just simply enjoying life like all children should.
What qualifications & experience are required to be a Residential Support Worker?
- It is preferred that you hold Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People Workforce
- You will have a minimum of 2-years’ experience of working with children within a similar setting.
- You will be flexible to work on a variety of shifts including weekends on a rota basis.
- It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Due to the nature of the role you also need to be over the age of 21.
If you are excited by this job opportunity and you have the experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.