Childrens Residential Support Worker/Practitioner

  • Location

    Blackpool, UK

  • Sector:

    Children's Residential

  • Job type:


  • Salary:


  • Contact:

    Michaela Hayes

  • Contact email:

  • Job ref:


  • Published:

    7 months ago

  • Expiry date:


We are looking for enthusiastic Children’s Residential Support Worker/Practitioner living close to the Blackpool area of Lancashire. This role is also commutable from Preston, Lytham, Fulwood, Poulton-le-Fylde and surrounding areas. 

Who will you be joining?

This is an exciting opportunity to join a special organisation who provide residential care for children aged between 8 – 18 living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). They ensure that all the children they support have the same opportunities as other children and they provide positive experiences and a creative curriculum so that every child can be the best they can be and achieve all their dreams. There are endless opportunities in this role too, each of the managers has progressed to senior roles through the company, so with hard work and dedication you could follow in their footsteps.

As their Support Worker, you will be part of a friendly and welcoming team and play a pivotal role in supporting the children 1 to 1. You will be helping them with daily living tasks and encouraging them to learn so they can have the most positive future possible. You will help them become independent young adults and continue to do all the fun things they love the most, from trampolining to going to the cinema or escape rooms, playing football and just simply enjoying life like all children should.

Benefits & Hours

  • OTE of £24'700 per annum 
  • (£19'044.48 + Average of 6 Sleeps per month @ £78.30 per sleep in worked.
  • Full-time hours Based on 42 Hours per week.
  • 2-week rolling rota including sleep ins, every other weekend off.
  • Brilliant training package.
  • Training and support towards further qualifications, so this could be the first step towards the rewarding career you are looking for.

What qualifications & experience are required to be a Residential Support Worker?

  • You will either hold Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People Workforce – or you will have worked with children within a similar setting for over a year.
  • You will be flexible to work on a variety of shifts including weekends on a rota basis.
  • It is essential that you have a driving licence.
  • Due to the nature of the role you also need to be over the age of 21.

If you are passionate about a rewarding career where you can help change the life of a young person, then you are what we are looking for.

How do I apply?

If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.