SEN Teaching Assistant, Shrewsbury
£18,042 - £26,190 per annum DOE + generous annual leave + benefits
Full-time hours – including non-academic term-time
We are looking for an enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant living close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire. You will be joining a wonderful organisation and working with children living with an ASD diagnosis in a school setting. This job is extremely rewarding, you will make a difference every day and you will be joining a fantastic team!
With two outstanding ratings from Ofsted, you will be joining a leading residential and educational organisation, dedicated to supporting children and young people who have led troubled lives. They have over 30 years-experience in the industry and they know what it takes to transform the lives of vulnerable children and young people. The rewards of seeing the children overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
As their Teaching Assistant, your role will be vital in ensuring the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all the learners are met. You will support the teachers to assist pupils with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom environment within a specialist school for pupils living with ASD.
What experience and skills are required?
- You will ideally hold Level 2 Award in Support work In School; or level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in school;
- You will ideally hold Level 3 Young People Care (Health and Social Care);
- Minimum 1-year classroom experience;
- Experience of working with children with special needs;
- Additional skills and qualifications in alternative communication methods for children with special needs, such as Makaton, PECS or BSL would be advantageous;
- Although not essential, it is preferred if you are a car driver.
This job is a truly rewarding role where they will ensure that you are surrounded with support to help you flourish as well as ensuring that you have the feeling that you are truly making a difference to the lives of the young people you support.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This job is commutable from Shrewsbury (20 miles), Wrexham (16miles) Market Drayton (13 miles), Crewe (17miles) and surrounding areas.