Bank-hours, Senior Care Assistant (Nights) job vacancy, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria – experience within care setting essential.
This job vacancy is 34.9 miles away (55 minutes) from Barrow-in-Furness via the A590, travelling by car.
- £10.92 per hour.
- Bank hours available only.
- Night shifts.
- This role is set within our lovely Residential/Dementia home, a short 15-minute commute from Kendal.
- Both drivers & non-drivers are welcome to apply, however you must be able to get to the home.
We are a not for profit, charitable organisation, providing housing, care, and support to older adults. We have over 60-years’ experience and it is our mission to enhance the quality of life for older people through high-quality accommodation and care. Any extra funds are used to enhance our facilities and life for our residents. They are at the heart of our home.
Our residential home is a recently converted building set in a picturesque town on the edge of the Lake District with local amenities just a stone’s throw away. The home is light and spacious with a real homely atmosphere, all our facilities are adapted to meet the needs of our residents. Our facilities include lounges for residents to sit and chat, a conservatory, and a garden with a summer house and patio for the warmer months. There always lots going on here too, regular activities including games and films afternoons, dancing, and library visits to keep residents entertained.
As our Senior Care Assistant, you will lead by example and supervise a team of carers ensuring the well-being and welfare of residents throughout the night. The role can involve:
- Ensure care is provided in accordance with relevant legislation & best practice.
- Person centred care planning & risk assessments.
- Medication administration.
- Safeguarding the welfare of the residents.
- Undertake training when required to maintain development and knowledge.
This is a great opportunity to join our team. We have such a low turnover of staff because of the work we do but also how we treat our team as an employer.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Care Assistant job vacancy and you have the right qualities to work at our special home, then just click apply. We will contact you to answer any questions you may have and tell you much more about joining us.