Senior Carer/Supervisor, Maidenhead
£18K - £21.5K per annum plus benefits
We are seeking a Senior Carer/Supervisor living close to the Maidenhead, Twyford and Henley-on-Thames areas of Berkshire and Oxfordshire. Are you looking for a job in the Care sector where you can be a part of a growing business and work with a friendly team where you can genuinely make a difference to somebody’s life?
You could be joining an award-winning company and recognised as a leading provider of homecare in Berkshire and Oxfordshire. Our company’s mission is to change the face of aging by providing the very best high-quality care to the elderly allowing them to remain safe and independent in their own homes. We have built an excellent reputation within the local community and provide a minimum of one-hour homecare visits to a purely private client base. We have an honest, open and supportive culture and we understand that any success we have is down to the quality of our team of carers that are making a genuine difference to our client’s lives each and every day.
We are currently seeking a Senior Carer/Supervisor to join our friendly office team to support the company’s ongoing and significant growth. The role is absolutely pivotal to the success of our business supporting our team of Carers who support clients in the local area. You will be working alongside the Care Manager the role would be to support and oversee the successful completion and co-ordination of the mandatory training required to be completed on an ongoing basis to ensure we meet the requirements of CQC.
Where required, and following suitable training, you will also be required to deliver some of this training either out in the community or within a classroom environment.
The key duties for the role are as below:
- To provide care for clients as required and assist in the initial care of new clients at short notice whilst on-going care is being scheduled in
- Conduct Client/Carer introductions
- Carry out support visits and supervisions with Carers to maintain service at a high standard and ensure Carers are supported whilst working in the community
- Carry out annual appraisals with Carers
- Manage sickness or absenteeism if required
- Ensure Carers training is up to date and organise additional training as required
- Carry out Auditing of logs in the office as required
- Participate in team meetings and regular Carer meetings
- Participate in an on-call rota
You will be personable and have good communication skills and be able to build good relationships with both clients and carers. Your primary responsibility is for the wellbeing, welfare, compliance and support of a team of wonderful dedicated and committed Carers
Qualifications and Experience needed
You will have had previous care experience and perhaps looking for the next step in your career in care or a move towards more of an office-based role – although much of your time will still be spent supporting carers out in the community with clients
A Health and Social Care Qualification levels 2 and/or 3 would be preferred.
Other key areas of experience are as below:
- Firstly, you must be passionate about delivering high quality service to our customers.
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence.
- Computer literate
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and have empathy and a supportive nature
- You must be adaptable, compassionate and be able to both support our Carers but also ensure that they remain compliant and continue to develop their experience and knowledge in care
- You will be reliable, flexible and always maintains good timekeeping
Would you like to be part of a team which improves the lives of others every day?
If you are excited by this job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you, so please click apply.