Senior Children’s Palliative Care Nurse (Band 6), London
£40K - £45K per annum DOE
We are looking for positive and experienced Senior Children’s Palliative Care Nurse in the Stratford area of London to work for an exceptional charity who provide children, young people and families with a safe and positive environment in everything they do. This is more than just a job.
The role is only a short walk from the Docklands Light Railway (DLR). It is commutable from the Ilford, Barking, Dagenham and Stratford areas of London.
If you are currently an NHS Nurse and you have an NHS pension, then you can continue paying into that NHS pension scheme within this role.
Our client, a registered charity, specializes in providing high-quality palliative and complex care for children up to 19 years old in a warm loving haven where they can make as many amazing memories whilst having access to essential medical support. As their Senior Nurse, you will be responsible for the assessment, planning and delivery of care to the young people. You will be a team leader to a small team and supervise shifts, ensuring that family-centred, quality care is being provided and that as many memorable days as possible are being created for the children and their families.
There are some fantastic benefits too:
- Full-time hours, 13 shifts across a 4-week period;
- Brilliant training and development opportunities in a supportive environment;
- Flexible working hours and unsocial hours benefits;
- If you have an NHS pension, then you can continue paying into that NHS pension scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free Car Parking on site;
- Excellent transport links.
- You will be a Registered Children’s Nurse;
- Knowledge and experience for caring for children and families with complex health needs and palliative care;
- Ability and willingness to work towards care of children with tracheostomies, ventilator dependent children, children on syringe drivers, complex symptom management plans, children with central lines;
- Ability to communicate sensitively.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.