Senior Support Worker, Southampton
We are looking for an experienced individual to join a Children’s Residential Home with an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating to become a Senior Support Worker in the Southampton area of Hampshire. You will be providing fantastic care and support to children with Learning disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviours.
- £9.00 per hour;
- Full time, 40 hours per week, you must be flexible to work shifts;
- Plus £70.47 per sleep-in;
- You must have Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce;
- You must also have supervisory experience.
This is a truly special organisation to be a part of and they look to make every day extraordinary for the children they care and support, because they believe in every single one of them. You would be working in a small 5 bedded home. It’s not often that they look to recruit, they have a very low staff turnover and a long-established staff team. There is plenty of training and support available to help you flourish.
- Carry out one to one/group supervisions or meetings;
- Responsive and reflective work with staff as it arises;
- Being a mentor/role model for your team on a daily basis;
- Manage the home in the absence of the Manager;
- Offer guidance and support to help the young people develop life skills.
Above all, you will be a positive, enthusiastic person with a passion to change a young person’s future for the better. You will also have the leadership skills to motivate and inspire your team to be the best they can be.
This is a very rewarding job however it can be challenging, but with your time and support you’ll see these children grow from strength to strength
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.