We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker who lives near to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire. If this is you, then we would love to hear from you! This role is based close to the Whitchurch area.
With two outstanding ratings from Ofsted, you will be joining a leading residential and educational organization, dedicated to supporting children and young people who have led troubled lives. This is a job that is not for everyone, the children in their care can be challenging but the rewards of seeing that young person overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
It is essential you are a car driver, have one of the following qualifications and the following experience:
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care – Children & Young People;
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England);
- You will have experience in a similar role and in leading/mentoring a team;
- You will have experience working with Children and Young people for 1 year or more.
What are the hours, salary and pay rates?
- £25,126 - £26,864 per annum DOE
- Hours: 2 shifts from 8 am – 11 pm + sleepover then 4 days off (includes weekends on a rolling rota).
What are the benefits?
- Sick pay scheme, pension scheme, employee assistance program;
- Discount schemes, including discount from car leasing;
- Excellent 3-week induction program with fantastic training;
- Ongoing professional development;
- Funded opportunities to access further qualifications;
- 2-week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First aid etc.
This Senior Support Worker role is extremely rewarding, and you will be joining a fantastic team! They are all highly qualified, dedicated and they support each other to get the most positive outcomes for the children in their care. If you feel this role is for you and you are passionate about the difference you can make, then please click on apply.
If you are excited by this amazing opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.