Senior Residential Support Worker, Birmingham
We are looking for a talented Senior Residential Support Worker living close to the Birmingham area of the West Midlands. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a special residential service for children living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
Are you enthusiastic about what you do, and could you create a positive vibe in a children’s home? Have you got the ability to lead a team and support the children within the service to a very high standard? If so, we could have the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Client is an independent organization specializing in providing care and support for children and Young People aged 10-18 who may have challenging behaviors, autism or ADHD. They may also have suffered neglect, trauma, sexual exploitation or abuse. This is a very rewarding job however it can be challenging but with your time and support you’ll see these children grow from strength to strength.
What are the hours, pay rates and benefits?
- £19,500 per annum + £35 per sleep-in;
- You will need to have full flexibility – 7-week rota shifts run, 10am in a morning for handover till 11.30pm, then a sleep, then finish the next day at 10.30am, start the next shift the following day at 10am;
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
What experience and qualifications will you need to be a Senior Residential Support Worker?
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a Residential Environment.
- Have your Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce, or Residential Childcare, or be willing to work towards this qualification;
- You will also hold a manual UK driving licence.
Above all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about the difference they can make in a child’s life and holds the highest of standards.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.