Health & Social Care Jobs are recruiting for a Senior Support Worker in the Maidstone area of Kent. You could be joining an organisation who support young people and adults living with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
This role is commutable from Sittingbourne (12miles/27mins) via the A249, Gillingham (11miles/28mins) via the A229, and other surrounding areas.
- £9.79 per hour.
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift work including 4-5 sleep-ins per month.
- 20-days paid annual leave plus 8-bank holidays (increases after 3-years).
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services.
- Travel to work scheme & access to discount scheme with 3500 retailers.
- Paid training and access to further qualifications.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client who is a registered charity and passionate about doing the best they can for the individuals they support. The support they provide is unique to that individual’s needs and reflects their individual needs. Everybody has the right to live life to the full no matter what the barrier and this organisation strives to fulfil that ambition and champion every person’s rights. There is very little staff turnover, and this is down to not only their outstanding values but also, everyone loves what they do. There is a great culture of support starting from the Management team and fantastic development opportunities.
As their Senior Support Worker, you will be supporting a visually impaired gentleman living with Learning Disabilities, challenging behaviours, and who has complex communication needs. The gentleman needs 1:1 support daily, verbal prompts, and some direct support with personal care, access to food, drinks, and medication. You will be key in mentoring and supervising the staff team, ensuring that the highest level of support is provided to the gentleman.
- Experience as a Senior/Supervisor is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience working with adults with Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviours is essential.
- Being a car driver with access to a vehicle is essential.
- Being an empathetic individual who is forward thinking, positive, and passionate about the sector.
If you are an experienced Support Worker who is ready for the next steep in your career and step into a more Senior position, then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If you are interested in this job vacancy and would like to know more, then please click apply. Do not worry if you have any questions, one of our friendly careers’ advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.