Service Manager - Mother and Baby Unit
HMP Styal, Wilmslow
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
Our HMP Styal Mother and Baby Unit provides support services and Ofsted registered nursery provision for up to nine mothers and their babies. This unique service ensures children have the best possible start in life to achieve their full potential. Mothers are provided with a range of interventions and support, including enhanced attachment and parental skills, to achieve their aspirations and be confident parents.
The strategic aims of the service for mothers, babies and pregnant women are to:
- Make a positive difference to their lives, both in terms of outcomes and experience of services
- Enable them to build and maintain positive relationships
- Reduce reoffending and the social, economic and emotional impact
- Increase their access to support networks in their communities
We are now looking for a Service Manager to lead the delivery of the HMP Styal Mother and Baby Unit.
- Salary of £34,373 - £38,353 per annum
- Leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
This is the ideal role for an individual with safeguarding experience and a track record of delivering positive outcomes for children and families to make a real impact on the first stages of life for babies and their mothers in prison.
We’ve got a great set of values that we operate by: people focus, mutual respect, excellence in all we do and a can-do attitude. Couple these with our strong benefits package and the chance to make a huge difference to both mothers and babies and you’ll discover a highly compelling reason to join Family Action and lead an exceptional service.
As the Service Manager, you will be tasked with managing the family support provision for women and babies on the unit and overseeing the support pathway for all pregnant women at HMP Styal.
Managing and supervising a small team of family support, therapeutic and admin staff, you will ensure that the service offers high quality parenting and family support interventions. You’ll make sure that positive attachments and resilient parenting is promoted and the on-site nursery provision supports positive outcomes for mothers and babies.
You will develop and maintain partnerships across HMP Styal including with the MBU Nursery Manager and ensure the service is robust, co-ordinated and focuses on safeguarding and risk management.
To be considered as the Service Manager, you will need:
- Extensive experience of undertaking a safeguarding role and of assessing and managing safeguarding and other risk issues
- Experience of working in services that deliver and can evidence positive outcomes for children and families
- Experience of managing staff including supervision, appraisals, team and budget management
- Experience of complex case planning and co-ordination within a multi-disciplinary arena to achieve best outcomes for children and families
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating and reviewing service performance and outcomes
- A recognised professional qualification in social work, social care or health or equivalent experience and evidence of a commitment to continuing learning and professional development
Other organisations may call this role Nursery Services Manager, Mother and Baby Unit Manager, MBU Manager, Senior Mother and Baby Unit Practitioner, Charity Service Manager, or Support Service Manager.
The closing date for this role is midnight on the 10th July 2020. Interviews are scheduled to take place the week commencing the 20th July 2020.
Please note, this is a 7 days per week service, 52 weeks of the year. There is an expectation of regular evening and weekend on-call responsibility and occasional back up cover attached to the role, which is reflected in the salary.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Service Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.