Service Manager – Family Support - National Charity
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Do you have a background in leading family support services? Want to drive the delivery of a service that’s making a real difference to disadvantaged families across Leeds? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We deliver the Families Together Leeds service, which aims to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families across Leeds. The service has three elements:
Family Support provides a Family Support Worker who will work with the family to review their challenges, worries and vulnerabilities and create an action plan.
Group Support helps parents and carers to explore the challenges they are experiencing in their parenting and allows them the space to think about what they might like to do differently in future.
Volunteer Support provides a volunteer to assist families who are already working with our service or those families that need low-level support only.
We’re currently looking for a Service Manager to join us on a maternity cover contract, working 30 hours per week to oversee the delivery of this exciting service.
- Salary of £35,064 - £39,124 pa pro rata.
- Competitive leave entitlement and pension scheme.
- Career development opportunities.
- A full induction and ongoing quality training.
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives.
- Flexible working hours.
This is a rare opportunity to drive forward the long-term development and innovation of a service that is making a positive impact to families throughout our community.
You will benefit from the support of our experienced Leadership Team and Operational Manager as you evolve the service, which will enable us to help more families in need to succeed.
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious organisation with a commitment to continuous improvement. We’re people-focused, positive and strive for excellence in all we do. If you share our values, we would love to hear from you.
As the Service Manager, you’ll oversee the successful delivery of the Families Together Leeds service.
Leading a team of Senior Practitioners, the Volunteer Engagement Co-ordinator and the Data, Impact & Finance Officer, you’ll ensure that all three elements of our service are effectively integrated to achieve the best outcomes for families.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that effective referral and allocation processes are in place.
- Foster a culture of open, collaborative dialogue within your team.
- Make sure that all interventions are evidence-based/evidence-informed.
- Promote the service locally to ensure that those who need us know we’re here to help.
- Act as the lead responsible person for safeguarding, health and safety.
To join us as the Service Manager, you will need:
- Experience of leading family support services, including providing support to families within statutory services, as well as early intervention and prevention-based services.
- Previous experience of managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience of working with other agencies to achieve shared outcomes.
- Robust knowledge of relevant legislation that is key to promoting the welfare of children, young people and their families, such as The Children Act 1989 and 2014 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 guidance.
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience in Social Work, Childcare, Youth and Community, Health and Social Care, IAG, Community Regeneration.
Other organisations may call this role Family Service Manager, Family Support Manager, Support Service Manager, Lead Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Lead Social Worker, Children’s Service Manager, or Youth Support Service Manager.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re eager to make a difference as a Service Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.