Service Manager (Learning Disabilities), Wigan
£22K - £24K per annum DOE
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated Service Manager in the Wigan area of Greater Manchester. You would be joining a unique care provider, who promote independence for adults with learning disabilities, living in a small supported living scheme.
This position may suit a Team Leader/Deputy or Senior Support Worker looking for the next stage in their career. This organisation actively promotes from within and encourages people to progress
You will be joining an organisation which promotes independence for all. Our client supports individuals with physical/learning disabilities and complex mental health needs, within supported living flats and residential services. They exercise a holistic and open-minded approach, enabling and encouraging individuals to achieve their goals and aspirations.
As their Service Manager, your responsibilities will involve:
- Providing quality support, ensuring your team are competent and focused and able to fulfil the needs of the service users to the highest standard;
- Performing quality checks, auditing and monitoring performance;
- Ensure a proactive, positive and friendly approach with fresh new ideas;
- To ensure the support team are competent and focused;
- Ensure your service is working to CQC standards.
What experience and qualifications will you need?
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent is essential;
- Experience in a Supported Living/Learning Disabilities setting;
- Experience of working with individuals with complex needs including mental health needs;
- Experience in a supervisory role of at least 3 years or at manager level for at least 1 year;
- It is preferred A full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle but not essential.
Are you dedicated and passionate about ensuring the people you support have the best possible future and that a disability should not be a barrier? Are you a talented leader who is hungry for the next challenge in their career? If so, then this could be the perfect opportunity.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.