We are advertising for an experienced Specialist Support Worker in the Oxfordshire area to join an organisation that is truly different and supports adults living with Learning Disabilities and Autism across Oxford, Witney, Thame, and nearby locations.
- You will have experience in working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, or challenging behaviours.
- Leadership/Supervisory experience.
- You will be resilient, pro-active, and passionate about working in the social care sector and the people you support.
- Being a car driver is essential with flexibility to work across the region.
Our client is a unique provider like no other. Founded over 5-years ago by an inspirational gentleman who experienced a serious head injury but recovered to become a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse and setup this company. They are a not for profit organisation supporting adults and young adults living with Learning Disabilities and Autism. Their care and support are centred around the individuals, empowering them to achieve goals and live independent lives despite any barriers. They want to be leaders in providing Positive Behaviour Support and challenge misconceptions about social care and be different to other providers.
Who will you be supporting?
As a Specialist Support Worker, you will work across the region to cascade the values and culture of the organisation in the support they provide. This a varied role and your duties may include:
- Supporting an individual to move into their new home with a careful planned transition.
- Supporting a person when they are experiencing significant levels of stress and their support team needs extra assistance.
- Drive improvement in the quality of support provided.
- Mentoring/coaching team members.
- Support the clinical team to conduct assessments and implement.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £11.25 per hour (£24,570 per annum).
- Full-time hours, 42-hours per week.
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata).
- Paid DBS.
- Company pension scheme.
- Key worker benefits and discount schemes.
- Long-term possibilities including training, development, and career progression.
Apply/Ask a question
We advertise this Specialist Support Worker job vacancy on behalf of the end employer. If you meet all the above criteria and you are excited about this role, then we would love to hear from you. Once you have applied, we will pre-screen your application and if you mee the criteria, pass your CV to the employer who will contact you to discuss this opportunity and answer any questions you may have. Good luck.