We are looking for enthusiastic Support Workers living close to the Bristol area. You will be supporting males living with Acquired Brain Injuries and mental health conditions within a hospital setting.
Do you want to really make an impact on a person’s future?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant, supportive culture designed to help you thrive and progress. You will be working as part of a 35-bed service which creates a safe and positive environment for the people in their care. The hospital is designed and equipped with an all-integrated physical environment to help aid the service user’s rehabilitation.
As their Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults and their families. You will be encouraging them with daily living tasks and accessing the local community. You will work alongside nurses and therapists to provide the best treatment and support to help them move back to the community in a less secure environment when the time is right.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.21 per hour rising to £8.40 after probation;
- Full-time hours, 42 hours per week;
- Days and nights, and alternative weekends;
- 12-hour shifts, 8am – 8pm - 4 on 3 off, 3 on 4 off shift pattern;
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training;
- 28 days annual leave & paid DBS;
- Free parking, meals and refreshments whilst on shift;
- Shopping & entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers) & Childcare vouchers.
What experience & qualifications are required?
- Previous experience of supporting those with learning disabilities/ mental health is beneficial but most importantly you would need to be a compassionate and understanding person with a desire to make a positive difference in a person’s life.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding position. Making a positive difference in someone’s life and ensuring people can achieve their goals and get the most out of life, is a feeling like no other. You could experience that feeling too.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.