Support Worker, Colchester
£8.25 per hour rising to £8.50 after probation
We are looking for recovery Support Workers living close to the Colchester area of Essex. You will be supporting males and females living with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health conditions, Personality Disorders and complex needs within a secure environment.
Do you want to really make an impact on a person’s future?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant, supportive culture designed to help you thrive and progress. They provide specialist care and rehabilitation in a 60-bed service set in a picturesque location, creating a safe and positive environment for the people in their care.
As their Support Worker, you form part of a fantastic team and you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults and helping them create a positive future. You will be encouraging them with daily living tasks and activities. You will work alongside therapists to provide the best treatment and support to help them move back to the community wherever possible. This role will include some personal care.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.25 per hour rising to £8.50 after successful probation;
- Full-time hours, 42 hours per week, 12-hour shifts;
- Day shifts 8am-8pm and night shifts 8pm-8am;
- Shift pattern - 4 on 3 off, then 3 on 4 off;
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training;
- 28 days annual leave & paid DBS;
- Free parking, meals and refreshments whilst on shift;
- Shopping & entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers) & Childcare vouchers;
What experience is required to be a Support Worker?
- Previous experience of supporting those with learning disabilities/ mental health whether in a professional or personal capacity is essential;
- It is desirable that you drive and have access to a car due to the location of this service;
- Above all, you would need to be a compassionate and understanding person with a desire to make a positive difference in a person’s life;
- Interviews are held on Wednesdays.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.