We are looking for enthusiastic Support Workers living close to the Southampton area of Hampshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist residential service for adults living with Autism and challenging behaviours.
Do you want to really make an impact on a person’s future?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant, supportive culture designed to help you thrive and progress. You will be working as part of a 10-bed service which creates a safe and positive environment for the people in their care.
As their Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults and their families. You will provide physical and emotional support to the residents, assist with day to day living skills and personal care. You will help create a positive and stable environment where each resident can enjoy a happy and fulfilling life.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.10 per hour rising to £9.45 after probation;
- Full-time hours, 42 hours per week;
- Day shifts;
- 12.5hr shifts 7.30am – 8pm, shift patterns will be 3 on 4 off and then 4 on 3 off;
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training;
- 28 days annual leave & paid DBS;
- Free parking, meals and refreshments whilst on shift;
- Shopping & entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers) & Childcare vouchers;
- Support towards further qualifications.
Sound exciting? What is required to be a Support Worker?
- Previous experience of supporting those with learning disabilities/ mental health is beneficial but most importantly you would need to be a compassionate and understanding person with a desire to make a positive difference in a person’s life.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding position. Making a positive difference in someone’s life and ensuring people can achieve their goals and get the most out of life, is a feeling like no other. You could experience that feeling too.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.