We are looking for female Support Workers living close to the Sutton area of London to join a small residential home working with adults with profound Learning Disabilities, Visual Impairment and Epilepsy.
Are you a happy, vibrant person who wants to make a difference? If you want to be part of something small but special, and hugely rewarding, then this could be the job for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly residential home who look after vulnerable adults aged 18-65, making it a home from home. This provider has over 10 years-experience and was founded on the owner’s own personal experience of caring for a relative with Learning Disabilities. So, they understand the need to provide high quality support to allow the residents to lead fulfilling lives.
As their Support Worker, you will be joining a dedicated team who are passionate about providing the highest standard of person-centred care. You will assist residents with all aspects of daily care, help them get out into the community for appointments or just doing the things they love. You will be recognised for your hard work and this provider will support you through achieving further qualifications, so who knows where this exciting journey may take you.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.00 per hour rising to £9.50 per hour after successful probation;
- Enhanced weekend rate and bank holidays;
- Double time at Christmas;
- 37.5 hours per week including weekends;
- Shifts are 7:30am-2:30pm or 2:00pm to 9:30pm, 1 weekend off guaranteed each month (maybe more);
- Excellent training provided and they will support you through further qualifications.
What skills & experience are required for this Support Worker job?
- No experience is required however you must have a big heart with a desire to make a difference in the life of a vulnerable adult;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This job has easy access to train and bus links and is commutable from Sutton (13 mins), Croydon (16 mins), Coulsdon (9 mins) and surrounding areas of London and Surrey.
Please note that due to the nature of this position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit females.