Support Worker, Braintree
£8.50 - £8.70 per hour DOE
We are looking for male Support Workers living close to the Braintree area of Essex. You will be supporting males aged 18+ living with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and complex needs within a secure hospital setting.
Do you want to really make an impact on a person’s future?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant, supportive culture designed to help you thrive and progress. They provide specialist care, rehabilitation and support in a 15-bed service set in a picturesque location, creating a safe and positive environment for the people in their care.
As their Support Worker, you form part of a fantastic team and you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults and helping them create a positive future. You will be encouraging them with daily living tasks and activities. The activities can vary based on each individual’s interests, but they can include swimming, going to the cinema, shopping or even trampolining. There will also be elements of personal care involved in this role.
Sounds good right? Look at the Benefits & Hours
- £8.50 per hour, £8.70 per hour if you hold Level 3 in Health & Social Care;
- Full-time hours, day or night shifts;
- Shifts on a 2-week rota – Week 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday 7am-7:30pm;
- Week 2 – Wednesdays, Thursday & Friday 7am-7:30pm;
- Night shifts are 7pm to 7:30am.
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training;
- Shopping & entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers) & Childcare vouchers;
- Free parking, meals and refreshments whilst on shift;
What experience is required to be a Support Worker?
- Previous experience of supporting those with learning disabilities/ mental health is beneficial but most importantly you would need to be a compassionate and understanding person with a desire to make a positive difference in a person’s life.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding position. Making a positive difference in someone’s life and ensuring people can achieve their goals and get the most out of life, is a feeling like no other. You could experience that feeling too.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This job will be commutable from Maldon, Chelmsford, Colchester, Clacton On Sea, Ipswich and surrounding areas.
Health and Social Care Jobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a male.