Support Worker, Cambridge
£8.71 - £9.00 per hour DOE & Qualifications
We are looking for caring and dedicated Support Workers living close to the Cambridge area of Cambridgeshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, sensory impairment, or mental health problems.
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centered approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Support Worker, you will be part of a residential care home for up to 10 males. The home is very welcoming and boasts a homely and very fun feel to it. There is a fantastic vibe at the home and all the team are positive and upbeat, and the Manager has an infectious personality. There are also animals on the beautiful grounds around the home which the residents enjoy looking after, they have picnics on site, kite flying, art and crafts and cookery.
Hours & Salary
- Full time hours, 40 hours a week;
- Shifts of 7.30 am – 9.30pm with every other weekend off;
- £8.71 - £9.00 per hour DOE and Qualifications.
What skills & experience are required?
- Experience of working in a similar position in care or of working with people with learning disabilities is essential;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the location of the role;
- Above all, you will be a vibrant, enthusiastic character who shares their values and wants to make a difference to a vulnerable person’s future.
- You must own/ be prepared to purchase a pair of wellies to be able to fulfill this role!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.