Support Worker, Nottingham
£8.50 per hour full time hours
We are looking for Support Workers living close to the Nottingham area of Nottinghamshire. You will be supporting males 18+ with autism and challenging behaviours within a hospital setting. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the rural location of this service.
Do you want to really make an impact on a person’s future?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant, supportive culture designed to help you thrive and progress. You will be working as part of a 15-bed service which creates a safe and positive environment for the people in their care.
As their Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults and their families. You will be encouraging them with daily living tasks and accessing the local community. You will work alongside nurses and therapists to provide the best treatment and support to help them move back to the community in a less secure environment when the time is right.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.50 per hour;
- Full-time hours, 42 or 36 hours a week;
- 12-hour day or night shifts (8am -8pm) working 4 on 3 off and 3 on 4 off;
- Travel allowance - £50 per month (10 miles or more), £30 per month (under 10 miles);
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training;
- 28 days annual leave & paid DBS;
- Free parking, meals and refreshments whilst on shift;
- Shopping & entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers) & Childcare vouchers;
What experience is required to be a Support Worker?
- Previous experience of supporting those with learning disabilities/ mental health is beneficial but most importantly you would need to be a compassionate and understanding person with a desire to make a positive difference in a person’s life.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding position. Making a positive difference in someone’s life and ensuring people can achieve their goals and get the most out of life, is a feeling like no other. You could experience that feeling too.
This job is commutable from Mansfield, Loughborough, Derby, Newark On Trent and surrounding area.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.