Support Worker, Blackpool
We are looking for Support Workers to work in the Garstang area of Lancashire to join a wonderful service supporting adults in the community, living with Learning and Physical Disabilities.
This role is commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Lytham St Annes, Wigan and surrounding areas.
If you want a job where you can make a difference in a person’s life, where you can make sure every person has the same opportunities in life no matter what the barrier, and you can keep them smiling doing the things they love, then this could be the perfect role for you.
An incredible job
We are recruiting for a fantastic company who believe in giving every person the respect and dignity they deserve, encouraging them to live life the way they want. They provide person centred care, ensuring that you get to spend quality time with the person you are supporting and form a special relationship. They help with daily living skills but there are also lots of fun activities too, from golf to dancing, the cinema or even going on holidays.
People often have the wrong perception of what job Support Workers do. All their clients’ needs vary, from companionship, domestic duties & preparing meals to help with medication or supporting them out and about. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.30 per hour with opportunities for enhancements;
- Guaranteed contracted hours;
- Full, part and bank hours available, varied shifts but will include mixture of earlies and lates;
- Paid DBS;
- Fantastic support with a comprehensive induction and training;
- Excellent progression opportunities into senior roles;
- The biggest benefit is knowing you are helping a vulnerable person live life to the full.
Experience & Requirements
- Previous experience is not essential as excellent training is provided, what is essential is a caring, trustworthy, patient and understanding nature with a strong desire to make a difference.
- It is essential that you have a driving licence (access to a vehicle is not required as most of the people they support have their own cars).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small company which has a big heart. There is a large family feel and management are approachable and supportive. Many of the staff that left have returned, because the place and the care is like no other.
Don’t worry if you have any questions about this Support Worker job, we will have a chat with you once you have applied and put your mind at ease on any questions you may have regarding joining the team!