Support Worker, Plymouth
We are looking for caring and dedicated Support Workers living close to the Plymouth area of Devon. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to younger and older adults living with complex neurological conditions, physical disabilities and mental health conditions.
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life and achieve their goals is something else!
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Support Worker, you will be part of a residential home providing nursing and personal care for up to 45 people. The home has a safe and homely feel and they help the residents take positive steps towards reaching their goals, reintegrating back into the community and their daily living skills. Your role will be key in encouraging their independence, boosting their self confidence and helping them achieve a positive future.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.21 per hour;
- Permanent contracts;
- Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, day or night shifts available;
- Free training to achieve further qualifications in Social Care;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Paid DBS
- Employee Assistance Helpline and flexible holiday purchase scheme.
What skills & experience are required?
- Experience of working in a similar position or of working with people with learning disabilities or mental health conditions is desirable, but not essential;
- It is desirable that you have a full driving licence, but not essential;
- Above all, you will be a vibrant, enthusiastic character who shares their values and wants to make a difference to a vulnerable person’s future.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.