Support Worker, Ludlow
£8.40 - £8.86 per hour + £67.50 per sleep-in (1-2 per month)
We are looking for enthusiastic Support workers living close to the Ludlow area of Shropshire. You could be part of a new Learning Disabilities Service for children and young people, providing care and education for children living with Autism and associated conditions.
Who will you be joining?
You will be joining a leading residential and educational organisation, dedicated to supporting children and young people living with a range of learning difficulties. They have over 30 years-experience in the industry and they know what it takes to transform the lives of vulnerable children and young people. This is a job that is not for everyone, the children in their care can be challenging but the rewards of seeing that individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
As their Support Worker, you will work closely with the young people to ensure that they are being supported and lead a good quality life and achieving positive outcomes. You will need:
- Either a Social Worker Qualification, NVQ Level 3 Caring for Children & Young People, Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People Workforce or Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare;
- A desire to make a real difference in young people’s lives and be committed to providing an excellent level of care;
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle;
- Above all you need to be compassionate and reliable with a positive nature and good sense of humour.
- Generous annual leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent 2-week induction programme with fantastic training.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Funded opportunities to access further qualifications including foundation degree level.
So, if you are excited by this amazing opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.