Support Worker, St Albans
We are looking for caring and dedicated Support Workers living close to the St Albans area of Herefordshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to adults.
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing individuals overcome hurdles in their life and achieve their goals is something else!
Change lives, make a difference
As a Support Worker, you will be part of a small residential home providing support and recovery to adult’s with complex needs such as stress and mental health, drug addiction, past experiences or relationships. The home has a safe and homely feel and they help the residents take positive steps towards reaching their goals and their daily living skills. Your job will be key in encouraging their independence, boosting their self-confidence, providing hands on care, assisting them out in the community and helping them achieve a positive future.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.59-£9.09 per hour depending on experience;
- Permanent contracts;
- Full Time only, 37.5 hours per week, day or night shifts available;
- Free training to achieve further qualifications in Social Care;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Employee Assistance Helpline and flexible holiday purchase scheme.
What skills & experience are required for this job?
- Experience of working in a similar position or of working with people with learning/physical disabilities or mental health conditions is desirable, but not essential;
- It is desirable that you have a full driving licence, but not essential;
- Above all, you will be a vibrant, enthusiastic character who shares their values and wants to make a difference to a vulnerable person’s future.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.