We are looking for male and female Support Workers living close to the Darlington area of County Durham. You would be working one to one with a young male and female living with cognitive brain injuries helping to make their life as wonderful as possible. The role will be based in the Barnard Castle area.
This will be more than a job. This is an amazing role where you will make a positive difference in the lives of these young people. You will be working with 2 fantastic teenagers with wonderful personalities. As their Support Worker, you will be an inspirational role model and help them with daily living tasks, accessing the community, form positive relationships and continue to do the things young people love. The young male enjoys going to the gym, playing on the XBOX and keeping fit with outdoor sports. The young female also enjoys keeping fit, swimming, and arts and crafts and certainly lots of girl-related things!
Benefits & Hours
- £11.28 per hour weekdays, £12.30 weekends & £22.00 bank holidays;
- £67.50 per sleepover;
- Permanent part time hours;
- Hours will include Friday 3pm – Saturday 7pm including 1 sleep, 3 times every 4 weeks;
- Work on a rota basis and overtime available.
What experience & qualifications are required for this Support Worker role?
- You will have NVQ Level 2 or above in Health & Social Care;
- You will have at least 2 years previous experience working within a Learning Disabilities or care setting;
- 2 years-experience in a SEN school would also be desirable;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Disabilities do not stop you from achieving your dreams and this is a rewarding role where you can help shape a young person’s life and make a difference. You will be enriching lives which is a wonderful feeling.
If you are excited by this amazing job as a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.