Support Worker, Bury
We are looking for two enthusiastic Support Workers living close to the Bury area of Greater Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity to support a motivated client living with an Acquired Brain Injury and an above the knee leg amputee.
If you are passionate about care, you believe everyone should have opportunities in life, no matter what the barriers, then this could be the rewarding career you are looking for.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £11.00 per hour rising to £12.00 after probation;
- Part-time hours, 18 hours per week;
- Flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays;
- 40p mileage allowance and travel rate of £8.21.
A rewarding role like no other
You could be joining an extra special case management company who provide rehabilitation and long-term support for people living with brain and spinal injuries for over 20 years. The directors are innovators in the sector, seeing that people with brain injuries would prefer to be treated in their own homes with their families around them. They have a fantastic reputation and they pride themselves on ensuring that they recruit specifically to suit the needs of the clients they support and making a positive difference in their lives.
As their Support Worker, you will work with the client in their own home and local community on a 1-1 basis, helping them to achieve goals and improve their quality of life. You would help them identify appropriate opportunities and activities in the community as well as encouraging the client to social engagement, such as going to a concert in Manchester. You will help look after their home, take part in rehabilitation, vocational and leisure activities. You will support them to use strategies to overcome cognitive difficulties so they can enjoy life to the full.
What experience & qualifications are required?
- It is essential that you hold Level 2 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent;
- You will have a minimum 2 years’ experience as a Support Worker;
- Experience working with Acquired Brain Injury and Amputees is preferred, but not essential as full training is provided;
- It is essential that you like cats and dogs and have no allergies;
- You must have a full driving licence.
Above all, you will be an enthusiastic, caring individual who is eager to learn and is looking for a truly rewarding role where you can make a positive impact in person’s life.
So, if you are excited by this fantastic job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.