Support Worker, Wembley
We are looking for caring and dedicated Support Workers living close to the Wembley area of London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to adults living with learning disabilities and complex needs in a Residential Home setting.
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life is something else!
The role is also commutable from the Finchley, Edgware, Barnet and surrounding areas.
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Support Worker, you will be part of a residential home providing support and personal care for up to 8 people. The home has a safe and homely feel and they help the residents take positive steps towards reaching their goals. Your role will be key in helping with their day to day needs, boosting their self-confidence, providing hands on care, as well as encouraging residents to take part in leisure activities in and out of the home.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.21 per hour;
- Permanent contracts;
- Full Time, 37.5 hours per week;
- Shifts will be mixture of earlies, lates, weekends and potentially sleep-ins;
- Full-time night shifts also available;
- Free training to achieve further qualifications in Social Care and support to progress within the company;
- Paid DBS;
- Employee Assistance Helpline.
What skills & experience are required?
- Experience of working in a similar position or of working with people with learning/physical disabilities or mental health conditions is desirable, but not essential as excellent training is provided;
- Above all, you will be a vibrant, enthusiastic character who shares their values and is looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference to a vulnerable person’s life.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.