We are looking for a female Support Worker close to the Twickenham of Greater London. Due to the client’s needs it is essential that you speak English and Punjabi in order to build a therapeutic relationship and communicate with the family.
Who will you be supporting and at what times?
You will be supporting a young boy with severe physical and cognitive impairments, as a result of sustaining a brain injury. You would be supporting the young boy before and after school between the hours of 6am-8am, and possibly 4-6pm, Monday to Friday, during term times as the relationship with the young boy and his family builds, with the opportunity of extra hours in school holidays.
- Mon - Fri £13.00 per hour
- Sat & Sun £15.00 per hour
- Nights - flat rate of £91.00
- Bank holiday of £15.00
Who will you be working for?
Our client has a strong ethos of family friendly support to individuals living with Acquired Brain Injuries. Their support reflects the uniqueness of the individual and they provide bespoke, person-centred care to give people and their families the best quality of life possible. This is a truly rewarding role where you can make a positive impact in a young person’s life and to also work for an organisation with a genuine passion to make a difference in their clients’ lives.
Support Worker – Job Description
You will be pivotal in providing support to the child’s physical and social-emotional care. You will help provide personal care and respite to his Mother. The role will also involve:
- Delivering PEG feed nutrition.
- Assisting with physiotherapy and safe manual handling.
- Help engage and stimulate the child in his home.
- Follow and update care plans.
- Some light household duties to support the family.
What are the requirements for this role?
- You will need to speak Punjabi and good use of English.
- It is essential that you hold NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with children or individuals with Brain Injuries is desirable.
- Full driving licence is desirable.
- Above all, you will need to be empathetic and caring, and show a strong desire for making a difference in a young boy’s life.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a female.