We are looking for female Support Workers close to the Acomb area of York, North Yorkshire. Excellent training is provided so no experience is required, however what is important is having a passion to helping adults living with disabilities and challenging behaviours.
What makes this charity so special?
You could be joining a Registered Charity who improve the lives of people living with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health conditions and challenging behaviours. Founded over 30 years ago by a group of parents who were bound by a common goal of wanting the best for their children. They wanted to provide a service that meets the needs of their children and allow them to achieve so many of their aspirations than they had dared to dream was possible. They still hold those values dear to this day and continue to empower more people to live independent, fulfilling lives.
Who will you be supporting?
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting a vulnerable female service user in a Supported Living setting. The role is extremely rewarding and varied, it will involve days out and helping the service user with her day to day life, such as domestic duties, cooking and managing her finances. You will help her to take part in activities and hobbies that she enjoys, including bike rides and playing snooker, helping her to achieve her personal goals which is a feeling like no other. There will also be elements of personal care involved when required.
This provider also wants to see you flourish and progress, so they will help you to develop your skills and career, so who knows where this opportunity may take you in the future.
Sound good? What about what they can offer you as a Support Worker?
- £8.38 per hour + benefits.
- Part-time, 24 hours per weeks + sleep ins.
- Meal allowance for each shift.
- 21 days annual leave (rising to 25 days) plus bank holidays.
- Discounted gym membership and discount schemes.
- 24/7 access to a GP, online health assessments and Colleague Assistance Helpline.
- Company pension scheme.
- The biggest benefit is being part of a team who are passionate about what they do, and you would know you have made a positive difference to a person’s life, after all, sometimes the smallest acts make the biggest difference.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer and are proud to do so. If you have any questions about this Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
* This vacancy is covered by The Equality Act 2010 S29 as there is a genuine occupational requirement to recruit a female as there is personal care involved.