We are looking for a Support Worker to work in a location which is a 7 miles drive from Gosport. Full training is provided, but it is essential that you have experience of working with children and it is preferred that you are a car driver.
This role is initially on a temporary basis for 8-months, but there is the possibility that it could be extended and made permanent.
Support Worker – be a key part of a young boy’s life
We are advertising on behalf of a 13-year old boy and his family. He is deaf/blind, has cerebral palsy, spastic quadriplegia and epilepsy as a result of contracting meningitis as a baby. He is home-schooled and communicates through his vocalisations and body language.
Your role would be important in creating a caring and creative environment to help develop his communication abilities and enable him to engage in play, social, education and therapy activities. The Support Worker role is varied but will involve:
- Assisting with personal care and daily living.
- Deliver therapy and play/activity programmes within the home and in the community.
- Working closely with therapists (i.e. Physio, OT, SLT) to support the delivery of therapy/educational programmes.
- Preparing meals as agreed with the parents.
- Helping with household chores related to the young boys care including washing/ironing/cleaning.
So…what about you?
- You will be paid £10.93 per hour.
- They can offer 20-hours per week.
- Monday – Friday shifts and the times can include - 8.00am to 2:30pm, 8:30am to 6:30pm and 1:30pm to 8.00pm.
- Occasional evening / weekend work in addition to above times may be required to enable parents to attend family events and respite activities.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the family. If you have any questions about this Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the family who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and for them to find out more about you.