We are looking for reliable and dedicated Support Workers in the Dudley area of the West Midlands. An understanding of learning disabilities either through work or personal life is desirable, but previous experience is not required as excellent training will be provided.
We are advertising this job vacancy on behalf of a care provider who offers both residential and supported living services to individuals in Dudley living with Learning Disabilities.
This organisation aims to promote the principles of good care by maintaining a standard of excellence. They aim to provide a flexible service which is personalised to meet an individual’s needs. They fundamentally believe that everyone has the right to a good and full life, living in a home they like, with a network of family and friends. The individual is at the heart of what they do, after all, every person is unique. If you believe that every person deserves a bright future regardless of any perceived barriers, then you will certainly fit in.
As a Support Worker your role will be varied, and no 2 days will be the same. The role can include:
- Supporting individuals to stay safe and ensure their welfare.
- Helping manage medication.
- Helping with daily living skills.
- Supporting individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Supporting individuals to participate in activities they enjoy and accessing the local community. These can include cinema, arts & crafts, sports, shopping and much more.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £8.72 per hour with no qualifications.
- £8.82 per hour if you have NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- Full-time hours including mornings, afternoons, and wake ins (you must be flexible to work different hours).
- In house training towards certificates allowing staff to obtain further qualifications.
- Making a positive difference in a person’s life is the biggest benefit.
If you have a warm, positive attitude to life and work, and have a willingness to be challenged and to learn, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply/ask a question
If you would like to apply for this Support Worker job, or if you have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.