We are looking for a Therapy Support Worker in the Warrington area of Cheshire to help a young boy with complex needs. It is essential that you hold a full driving licence.
The role is commutable from Widnes (18 minutes via the A562), Runcorn (21 minutes via the A558), St Helens (25 minutes via the A57), and surrounding areas.
This job is based within the lovely family home in the Warrington area. The young boy is a very happy, relaxed child who loves the company of others. He enjoys music, swimming and being outdoors. You will help run a programme of therapy and work alongside a team of Therapists. There are some elements of personal care involved as well as helping with the young boy’s daily routine, but you will gain some wonderful experience in providing therapeutic care.
You could be working alongside an extra special case management company who provide rehabilitation and long-term support for people living with brain and spinal injuries for over 20 years. The directors are innovators in the sector, seeing that people with brain injuries would prefer to be treated in their own homes with their families around them. They have a fantastic reputation and they pride themselves on ensuring that they recruit specifically to suit the needs of the clients they support and making a positive difference in their lives.
Hours of Work, Pay & Benefits
We are looking for a Support Worker who can cover the following shift patterns:
- 29-hours per week.
- Monday - Wednesday 2pm - 7pm, Thursday - Friday 9am - 4pm.
- During school holidays as hours may change to 9am – 5pm.
- £10.50 per hour, increasing to £11.50 per hour after successful probation.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Experience in working with children with disabilities/brain injuries in a community or residential setting is preferred.
- NVQ Level 2 in Care is desired but not essential.
- An understanding of responsibilities under Safeguarding Children.
- A positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and a motivation to help a young person to reach their goals
- Full, clean driving licence.
Apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.