We are looking for positive female Support Workers close to the Sheffield area of South Yorkshire to support a young 14-year old girl living with an acquired brain injury. It is essential that you are a car driver.
If you have a passion for helping people and you want to make a difference in a young person’s life, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- £12.50 per hour weekdays.
- £13.50 per hour weekends.
- Shift pattern to be discussed, between 30-40 hours per week.
As this young lady’s Support Worker, you will play a key role in maximising her rehabilitation. The client is mobile and attends mainstream education. However, she does have cognitive problems arising from her injury. You will work closely with the client’s family and Case Manager to help her with life skills, learn age appropriate behaviour and manage episodes of challenging behaviour. You will help implement therapy exercises, support her to access social and rehabilitation activities that she enjoys, and provide support both at home and in school.
You would be working with a specialist case management company who provide rehabilitation to clients living with brain injuries. They are offering a unique opportunity to join an established and supportive team focussed on helping to improve the client’s quality of life. They offer thorough training with therapists and existing team members so you will gain valuable experience which would support a long-lasting career in the field. The feeling of knowing you have a made difference is like no other, and you could share that feeling every day.
- It is desirable that you hold NVQ level 2 or 3 Health & Social Care or any other relevant professional qualification.
- Experience and knowledge of Brain Injuries and Disabilities is also desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to work within a team and on one to one basis are essential.
- It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence.
- Above all, you have a patient and caring nature, a positive personality, and you will be passionate about the difference you can make in a person’s life.
We advertise this Support Worker job vacancy on behalf of the end employer. If you wish to apply, then please click “apply.” Once you have applied then we would process your application and pass it over to the end employer who would then contact you to discuss the role, answer any questions and tell you much more. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of you applying.
This is an equal opportunities employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a genuine occupational requirement to recruit a female Support Worker.