We are looking for Support Workers living close to Surbiton area of South West London. This job is commutable from Surbiton (7mins), Kingston-upon-Thames (15mins), New Malden (12mins), Epsom (19mins) and surrounding areas.
Do you have experience supporting young adults with learning disabilities or mental health conditions? Are you an ambitious individual looking to progress in the care sector? If so, then we could have the perfect opportunity for you.
- £8.21 per hour with some sleep-ins (£25/night);
- Full-time, 40 hours a week;
- 11 Hour shifts available including paid breaks;
- Flexible rota – shifts are usually 08:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 20:00;
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications and develop your skills.
You will be joining a residential home that provides support for up to 10 service users, both male and female, with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues. They have a fantastic reputation, with a vision to deliver high quality, person centred care, achieving positive outcomes and achievement for the young adults they support. This service is truly remarkable at what it can achieve and to be a part of this extended family will be truly rewarding.
As their Support Worker, you will be an integral part of the service users’ daily activities and support with personal care, cooking, key role working and accessing the community. You will also be expected to commit to providing consistent positive outcomes for the service users. The home has created a safe environment, which allows each service user the opportunity to develop their skills and confidence in order to promote their independence.
What experience will you need?
- It is desirable that you have experience supporting young adults with learning disabilities/mental health conditions;
- A full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle is essential;
- Above all, you will be a person who always strives to give their best and is positive about the difference they can make in a person’s life.
Becoming a Support Worker is just the start of your career. You are their greatest asset, so a career with them will always include fantastic training and support and career development… you could be a Manager in the future!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.