Support Worker, Croydon
£11.00 per hour increasing to £12.00 per hour after probation
Part-time, 15 hours per week
We are seeking enthusiastic Support Workers living close to the Croydon area of South London. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a fantastic registered charity with wonderful values. They provide a range of services for ex-offenders and vulnerable adults to help them change their lives.
If you have experience in working with ex-offenders, homeless people or people who have lived with substance misuse, then this could be an ideal opportunity to use your expertise and knowledge to help people move on positively with their lives.
Everyone can change
Our client has positive goals to help reduce crime in the local community and help individuals become positive members of society with a high standard of care, support and housing. They design and deliver programmes that help people into education or employment as well as offering supported housing and counselling services. They enable individuals to develop independence and make better choices, giving them a better future. This is an example of the wonderful work they do, “With them, I gained independence and confidence. I am now living in my own place and have a steady job.”
What experience & skills are required to be a Support Worker?
- You will have experience of working within a multi-agency approach;
- It is desirable that you have experience of working with ex-offenders/single/homeless and/or people that have multiple and complex support needs, such as substance misuse;
- An understanding of the housing/benefits system and the needs of people who have experienced the justice system;
- You should have knowledge of excel, word and report writing;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role may be challenging, but the positive outcomes can be so rewarding, especially seeing an individual move forward in their life is a fantastic feeling.
So, if you are a strong character with excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with people, and you share these values, then we would love to hear from you.
This job may also be suitable for people living in Croydon, Mitcham, Thornton Heath, Addiscombe and surrounding areas.