We are looking for a Support Worker & Companion to help support a young boy with Cerebral Palsy who lives close to the Crewe area of Cheshire. Due to the location of the client, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle to travel to the client’s home.
This job less than 15 minutes’ drive (6.6 miles) from the house to Nantwich via Newcastle Road.
12 minutes’ drive form Crewe (5 miles) from Crewe via Main Road.
20 minutes’ drive from Alsager (9 miles) via A500.
This young boy has an amusing sense of humour, he is very intelligent and is a “Real cheeky chap”. He loves to watch motorsports on YouTube and play games on his console, and he will take great pleasure in winning when you are playing alongside him.
He loves to ride his trike, but it can be difficult to keep up with him sometimes, because he likes to go fast. Believe me, you will have a lot of fun being part of his life.
You will be carrying out a variety of stimulating task through play whilst working with a multi-disciplinary team of therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and speech and language therapists, to carry out a range of rehabilitation activities. You will also be assisting his family to maintain a structured routine and accompanying him in his wheelchair accessible vehicle to go swimming, gym, play football and other activities which he choses to participate in. You will also accompany him on outings with or without his family.
Hours of Work & Pay
The full shift pattern will be discussed at interview. However, we are looking for a Support Worker who can cover the following shift patterns.
- School Term Time hours will be Monday to Friday between 4pm and 8pm with some sleep overs, Saturday, and Sunday 9am-8pm plus some sleep overs.
- School Holidays hours will be Monday to Friday 9am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-8pm plus sleep overs.
- Additional hours will be available to cover sickness and annual leave.
- £11.50 per hour.
- Knowledge and experience of working with children who have complex needs and Cerebral Palsy. However, training can be provided if you are the right person for this job.
- Ability to work independently and under supervision.
- Be calm and consistent at all times.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
If you have any questions about this Support Worker & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.