We are advertising on behalf of a gentleman who is looking for a Support Worker & Companion (Live-in) close to the Newcastle area of Tyne & Wear.
We are looking for someone with personality, who likes a laugh, who can also provide a high level of care and professionalism; this is more than a job and will feel like you’re helping a mate whilst also making a massive difference.
Pay rates, shifts & benefits
- £10.60 per hour. £360 -£510 per week.
- Full-time, 4 days per week, Live-in shifts, with a week and half off in between (Please note that shift patterns may change after Covid-19 and are usually 3 or 4 shifts across the week, 35 hours per week).
- 28 days holidays per year.
- Enrolment into pension scheme.
- All PPE aprons, masks, gloves, and sanitizer will be provided.
More about the person you will be supporting….
You will be assisting a 34-year old gentleman who is living with Muscular Dystrophy and lives in a fully adapted flat with his wife and son. He has been isolating at home since April. He is a nice guy, very sociable, independent, and a good laugh to be around. He enjoys watching films, football and following the Toon Army, music, and when times allow, going on holidays.
As this gentleman’s Support Worker & Companion, you would be part of a small, independently run care team, helping him with all aspects of his daily and social life, including:
- Helping with morning & evening routine such as showering, dressing and toileting using specialist hoist equipment.
- Preparing meals and helping with eating and drinking.
- Helping administer medication and using medical equipment.
- Monitoring his well-being and happiness.
- Accompanying him to social activities and getting out and about when times allow.
- Being a mate, someone he can rely on and be good company.
- Personal or professional experience in care is desired but not essential as training will be provided including in using equipment.
- Being a car driver is ideal, but again, not essential.
- You will be looking to commit to the role for at least a year.
- We want someone who is enthusiastic and out-going, talkative and willing to learn, as well as being responsible, reliable, dedicated, and caring.
Apply/Ask a Question
We advertise this Support Worker & Companion job vacancy on behalf of the end employer. If you would like to apply, then please click apply and attach your CV. Don’t worry if you have any questions, once you have applied, the employer will give you a call to discuss your application and answer any questions you might have.