We are looking for caring and dedicated Support Workers living close to the Guildford area of Surrey. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to younger and older adults living with learning and physical disabilities and mental health conditions.
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life and achieve their goals is something else!
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Support Worker, you will be part of a Supported Living service for up to 24 service users. You will help support the service users with their daily living skills including cooking, cleaning, helping to manage their correspondence and helping them to access the local community and do the things they love doing. You will provide emotional support too as well as playing a key role in enabling them to live life to full.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.50 per hour;
- Permanent contracts;
- Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, day or night shifts (mixture of earlies, lates and every other weekend), various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle;
- Free training to achieve further qualifications in Social Care;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Paid DBS
- Employee Assistance Helpline and flexible holiday purchase scheme.
What skills & experience are required?
- Experience of working in a similar position or of working with people with learning disabilities or mental health conditions is desirable, but not essential;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence;
- Above all, you will be a vibrant, enthusiastic character who shares their values and wants to make a difference to a vulnerable person’s future.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.