We are looking for Waking Night Support Workers close to the Bristol area of Avon. Experience is not essential, but if you have empathy, a desire to help others and a willingness to learn, then you could have what we are looking for.
This role is approximately a 20-minute commute from Bristol City Centre and is accessible via the A370. It could also suit someone living in or close to Weston-Super-Mare and is approximately a 25-minute commute via the M5 or A370.
This is more than a job
We are recruiting for a client who always fights for the best for the individuals they support. Ensuring that they are treated as unique individuals in the manner that they desire. Everybody has the right to live life to the full no matter what the barrier and this organisation strives to fulfil that ambition. Their staff team are there long term due to the outstanding values but also, they all love their jobs. There is a great culture of support cascading down from the Management team and fantastic development opportunities.
Support Worker – job description
This role is working waking nights and the role will involve:
- Providing active support during the night as required.
- Assisting with jobs around the house.
- Dealing with some behaviours that challenge.
- Building rapport with the people you support.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.89 per hour.
- Hours will include evening, weekend and bank holidays.
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3- & 5-years’ service.
- Pension contribution.
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services.
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications.
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan).
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
How to Apply
If you are excited by this opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.