42 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7.
£17K-£23K per annum + pension + free meals when on duty + subsidised accommodation
We are looking for a full-time ambitious Commis/Sous Chef to join our team in Cartmel, Cumbria (South Lakes) just outside Grange over Sands. As our Sous Chef you will be very passionate about food as competition in the area is high.
This job may also be commutable from Ulverston, Grange over Sands, Barrow-in-Furness, Flookburgh and surrounding areas.This may also suit someone who is looking to relocate to the idyllic Lake District area as accommodation is potentially available.
We are a very bespoke 450-year old Coaching Inn in the heart of Cartmel offering excellent British Food sourced from local produce, wines and traditional beers and ales. This charming retreat has a fine dining restaurant where diners dine by candlelight. We have a friendly relaxed service and very comfortable rooms.
If you are passionate about high-quality food, then we will also put you through further qualifications and NVQs to develop your talents and progress your career in the industry.
What does the role involve?
- Preparing and serving high quality food.
- Working under the direction of our Head Chef and with our small dedicated team.
- To be able to step up in the Chef’s absence.
- Handling the preparation and quality of meals.
- Basic kitchen management.
- Enforcing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
What experience and requirements do I need?
- Experience is not essential as full training will be given.
- A positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer care.
- You will need to be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for working in a catering environment, with good attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Be able to carry out a single dedicated task efficiently and with minimal supervision
So, if you are hungry for a challenge and the chance to develop your culinary skills for a long career in the food industry, then we have the ideal opportunity for you! If you are excited by this job, then we would love to hear from you.